If you were a passenger and have recently been injured in a vehicle accident, you’re facing a lot of issues. You also likely have a lot of questions to ask. You’re most concerned about paying for your hospital bills and other expenses in general if you have to take time off of work. You’re also probably wondering if you will be compensated for the pain, suffering, and general emotional distress that you have suffered as a result of your car accident.
There are some things that you need to know:
• You can get all the damages for your injuries if you take the right steps immediately after your personal injury accident.
• You may get compensation from your auto insurance company, the defendant’s insurance company, or both, depending on the nature of your accident.
• You can sue the insurance company if it refuses to pay you.
What You Need to do after the Car Accident?
Remember to see a doctor who has education and experience in the type of injuries that you have sustained in your personal injury accident as soon as possible. Once you have done that, you’ll need to gather as much proof and relevant information about your car accident as possible. Doing so will help your chances of getting the larger settlement that you want and need. Personal Injury Lawyer in Richmond Hill will ask you that some of the information and evidence that you’ll need to gather include:
• The insurance information of anyone who directly or indirectly caused the accident.
• The names and contact information of witnesses
• Photos of the sceneof the accident
• Photos of the injuries
• Police report (copy) whenever you can get it.
It’s a good idea to keep your own records of:
• All treatments and bills that result from the accident
• Lost income and wages that you incurred because you had to miss work due to your accident.
• Costs of traveling to and from different places to have your accident-related injuries treated
• New or added household expenses resulting from your accident
• Expenses stemming from trips that you had to cancel and plans that you had to alter because of your accident.
This type of documentation and record-keeping can make the difference between getting a small and a huge settlement.It may not be easy to get a copy of the police report, you’ll have to provide the police with a good reason as to why you need it. You will also need to provide the incident number. The officer who attended the accident scene should have given it to you.
You’ll also need to bring identifying information with you. Be sure to ask the police department what this should be. You’ll also need to pay a fee for the report.